Teeth Are Always In Style -
To our valued patients,
We have missed seeing your smiling faces and catching up.
As you may have heard on the news, covid -19 has had quite an impact on the dental community. Just recently, some dental offices are starting to re-open for emergency dental treatment only. This re-opening of dental offices does not include Independent Dental Hygiene Clinics like Harbour Dental Hygiene. As a result, we will remain closed for everyone's safety until further direction by the Public Health Unit and the College of Dental Hygienists.
If you have an appointment coming up please assume it has been cancelled. Leisha will be in touch to re-schedule your appointment when our office has re-opened.
We know our patients work hard at keeping their teeth and gums healthy. So now is not the time to slack off!.... Keep up the good work, and keep brushing, flossing, picking, and rinsing.
We are checking our emails and phones messages regularly and if you have a dental emergency and need our assistance please send us an email or leave a phone message and we will get back to you.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your oral health and safety. Infection control has always been the main priority at Harbour Dental Hygiene. We want to tell you about the infection control protocols we follow in our clinic and the changes we are making to keep our patients and staff safe.
Our clinic follows the infection control guidelines as set out by the Ontario Public Health Unit, and the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario. Ensuring that our infection control protocols are current, and following industry standards for everyone's safety.
At your next appointment you will see some changes, to both our office and the procedures we follow. These changes were made to protect the health of our patients and staff.
• Leisha will be communicating with you prior to your appointment to ask some screening questions. Your temperature will be taken upon arrival and you will be asked those same questions again when you are in the clinic. (Depending on your answers we may, or may not proceed with your appointment)
• We will provide hand sanitizer and masks for you to use upon entering the clinic
• You will see that our reception area has been redecorated in the minimalist style!! There will no longer be magazines, books, toys or fun things to play with. Our chairs will be socially distanced and our plants have found a new home (hopefully they survive and can return one day.) Some of our pictures will be off the walls so you will have to use your imagination and picture a beautiful display of art in your head.
• Appointments will be managed allowing for social distancing protocols between patients, and you may be asked to wait in your car or outside the office, (hopefully not in the rain!) and we will call you in when it is safe to do so.
• Leisha's desk will now have a glass barrier around it, but don't worry you will still be able to see her smiling face!
• Our treatment rooms will now have walls from floor to ceiling and doors. We are working hard to incorporate as much glass to retain the bright open feel of the clinic
• The floors have been replaced following new guidelines and cleaning protocols
• Carly, Leanne, and myself will also be sporting a new look! Lots of PPE!!! We will now be wearing surgical caps, safety glasses, a mask, then another mask! a visor, an isolation gown, and booties ... that may seem like a lot, but it's to keep everyone safe.
We are trying to use as much washable PPE as possible to be environmentally conscious, we like our world and want to keep it.
• We have installed a HEPA air purifier with a UV light on our main furnace for the common areas in addition to two HEPA air purifiers, one for each treatment room.
In anticipation of your return we have been working hard. We may have a new look, but its the same caring staff and experience you have come to know for your oral health care needs.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our clinic. Thank you for being a part of our hygiene family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours, and friends.
Keep Safe, Keep Smiling,
Keep Brushing, Keep Flossing, Keep Picking, Keep Rinsing, and Keep Repeating..... :)
See you soon,
Barb, Leisha, Carly, Leanne
The Crew at Harbour Dental Hygiene
On September 1st 2007 all dental hygienist in Ontario were given the right to operate independently. You, the public, now have access to personalized dental hygiene services. Our services are covered by most dental insurance companies.
Why Visit a Dental
Prevention is key to maintaining overall health. Over the past several years we have learned that teeth cleaning means much more than discouraging tooth loss from gum disease. Gum disease (periodontal disease) has now been linked to heart disease and stroke, pneumonia and diabetes among other things. It is our goal to work with you to educate you in the best was to prevent gum disease.
Become a Patient
We are currently accepting new patients - get in touch with the clinic for inquiries and booking appointments. Find our HOURS, LOCATION, PHONE NUMBER, and EMAIL under the CONTACTS heading above.